DB-25 Male to Centronics 36 Female
Specially Wired not straight through
Transforms a Standard 25 Conductor Printer Cable into a Network.
Network 2 PC's
Compatible with Windows 95,98,2000,XP
Compatible with Lap-Link and other Communications software
Works fine with Just the Operating System Software also.
Windows 98 Direct Cable Instructions:
Direct Cable Instructions:
1. Connect printer cable to the parallel port on the First Computer.
2. Connect Direct Cable Connections Adapter to opposite end of printer Cable.
3. Connect Direct Cable Connections Adapter to Second Computer's parallel port.
4. Open Windows START Menu.
5. Select PROGRAMS,ACCESSORIES, DIRECT CABLE CONNECTIONS
6. Follow the Windows pop-up menus to finish the installation.
Windows XP Direct Cable Instructions:
From the Windows XP help file:
Making a direct network connection by using a Direct Parallel cable or This Adapter and A Standard Printer Cable
1. Open Network Connections.
2. Under Network Tasks, click Create a new connection, and then click Next.
3. Click Set up an advanced connection, and then click Next.
4. Click Connect directly to another computer, click Next, and then do one of the following:
* If you want your computer to act as the host (your computer contains the information you need to access), click Host.
* If you want your computer to act as the guest (your computer accesses information on another computer), click Guest, and then click Next.
5. In Device for this connection, click Direct Parallel (LPT1) and then click Next.
6. Follow the remaining instructions in the Network Connection Wizard.
To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
A direct network connection that uses a DirectParallel cable requires a stand-alone computer running Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
Transfer the Files: Now just drag and drop the files from the host PC window to the guest PC.